Forum Replies Created
June 4, 2020 at 8:50 am in reply to: Fatal Error when using multiple emails in To field (when sending invoice) #902
I don’t have a PHP v7.1 environment to test master_2019.1 in. My recommendation is that you upgrade to PHP v7.2x or later and then use master_2019.2. I test this and it handles the multiple emails with semi-colon seperator just fine.June 3, 2020 at 8:17 am in reply to: Fatal Error when using multiple emails in To field (when sending invoice) #899
Extract the Email.php file from the attached zip archive into the Inc/Claz directory replacing the version you currently have. See if this helps.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 3, 2020 at 6:53 am in reply to: Fatal Error when using multiple emails in To field (when sending invoice) #895
How are you entering two emails. I just tried it for the “Email To” line and it worked fine. Entry form is first email address, a semi-colon, second email address. Example:
No. You can put it in a zip file and submit it here. I’ll check it out at that point.
I’ve made changes to a couple of files that I would like you to test and report on their performance. They are in the attached zip file. Extract the manage.tpl file into the templates/default/invoices directory, and the Invoice.php file in the Inc/Claz directory. The changes in these files affect the display of invoices on the primary screen. They remove the formatting of the Date column and move the formatting of the Total and Owing columns to the display script. Please give them a try and let me know what if any performance changes you see.
- This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by fearless359.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.May 21, 2020 at 11:19 am in reply to: three sql errors when upgrading from 2013.1.beta.8 #888
I just performed a fresh install of the simpleinvoices 2013 beta 8 version and then performed an update to the current version of fearless359 master_2019.2 version.
The only issue I ran into is that an error was thrown for an invalid default value for the ‘date’ field. The ‘date’ field is an existing field and defaults to, 0000-00-00 00:00:00. The fix was to change the sql_mode setting in the my.ini file and restarting the mysql service to implement the change. After this, the update process ran without incident.
I updated the Requirements documentation on the left menu to explain how to make this change.
While zero dates are generally frowned upon (hence the default to disallow them), they are ingrained in SI and so for now it makes sense to allow them.
Ok, I believe you must be overriding the default template. This means your template is in the custom/default_template directory. If this is the case, you can move the files out of this directory (saving them). You will then be using the standard SI default template. Test that. Then you can move your files back to the custom/default_template directory and start fixing them to work how you want.
Let me know what your find.
Please provide me with a zip file of the templates/invoices directory and upload it. Also, give me a screen shot of the SI Defaults screen and of any other screen that shows something that it shouldn’t.
The instructions “Add a 2nd Domain” have been updated to work in the foreign key environment. Cursory testing of the new domain has been performed but as per the warning in this topic, you should fully test all the features you wish to use prior to putting your new domain into production.
The foreign key logic breaks the alternate domain logic. I need to do a deep dive on it for a fix.
Concerning site thinking you are a bot, did you have and check the reCaptcha “I’m not a robot” box? It is something that I added recently to help assure that real people are signing up and sending messages on this site.
I just uploaded an update that add a set_aging flag field to the si_preferences table. When loaded, the first access will update the database and set this field to 1 (true) for the preference ID of 1. All others will be 0 (false). You can then set the other preference records however you like to cause them to set the aging field. So no longer will the aging logic be tied to pref_id of 1, but to this new flag field setting.
I’ll have to look at the domain_id write up. It was written before I added foreign keys and likely does need to be updated to account for this.
What is the meta http-equiv line setting in your template?
I was able to send email through my comcast ISP account. Not that it used port 587 for SSL. You might try the SSL setting rather than TLS on yours.
I did load some updates on github and recommend you pull them before you continue testing. The changes adds additional LOG statements to trace activity via the si.log file and also adds error handling in the case of thrown error messages that previously were not reported.
Let me know how this works out.
I run my development system on Win 10 using xampp. I run my production system on a Namecheap server for a hosting package I have from which I host a number of websites including my production SI site. I currently use the smtp server through my namecheap site for both development and production. In the past, I have also used smtp through my Comcast and Gmail accounts. I haven’t tried those servers since switching to Swiftmailer but I will give them a try on my development system.
Anything I suggest you try is just throwing ideas against the wall and seeing if one sticks. For instance, you can try using port 587 and TLS which is semi-standard. However, the bottom line is what you host email provider requires. So again I suggest you contact them to have them review their logs and tell you why your authentication is being rejected.