Change currency symbol site wide

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    esteeven
    Participant

My Simple Invoices set up is perfect, except for one thing. I want to display £ – GBP – throughout the site. Currently, the invoices are listed in $ – USD.

My actual invoices are fine and they show £.

Where can I change this? I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon looking and now can’t see for looking. Undoubtedly, it’s a simple answer that I have failed to spot.

Thanks

RRowley
    Participant

Click on the Settings tab and then on the Inv Prefs menu option. You can set the currency symbol to use as well as the currency formatting code country in each of the invoice preference records.

esteeven
    Participant

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, what you suggest has already been done.

The currency symbol is set, as are the language and the locale.

The invoice itself is fine and show £.

It’s the invoices listed in [money][invoices] that show $ in the list of invoices. This is what I wish to change.

Regards

RRowley
    Participant

I just uploaded a change that uses the local.locale setting in the custom.config.php file to format the amount fields in the invoices and payments lists. I believe this will address the issue you pointed out. The version for this update is: 2019.2.1 – 20190613.

esteeven
    Participant

I’m so sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I realise that not getting feedback for changes you make must be really irritating 🙁

I am trying to use this version but I am getting errors when trying to use the new version.

Patches up to #307 work but after that there is a failure for #308 – #318.

How do I apply these patches? The [update] button does not work.

I get this error:

SqlPatchManager::runSqlPatch() error. See error log for more information.

esteeven
    Participant

I just uploaded a change that uses the local.locale setting in the custom.config.php file to format the amount fields in the invoices and payments lists. I believe this will address the issue you pointed out.

Can I add this local.locale setting to the custom.config.php Master_2019? If so, what is the setting?

Regards and thanks

RRowley
    Participant

You should already have the setting in the custom.config.php file. It looks like this:

local.locale = en_US
    local.precision = 2

This of course if for USA and two decimal place precision. If you look in the “lang” directory, you will see all the different country codes for languages supported on the system. Find yours and replace “en_US” with the file name of your language.

esteeven
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

My initial issue with my old install of SI was PDFs stopped working. I installed your latest current version and that’s when I noticed the currency symbol issue. PDFs printed fine.

I tried the _beta version, as suggested and hit lots of error messages with patching MySQL (see my earlier post in this thread.)

I returned to the latest current version as the production of PDFs is a pressing invoicing issue.

Obviously, having the £ symbol throughout SI would be an aesthetic improvement. The £ symbol appears on the invoice itself so I’m not being paid in dollars : though that might be better in the coming months as the £ falls in value compared to the dollar 🙁

Having read what you said, I hoped that changing the local.locale setting in my custom.config.php file would fix this slight issue. The changes you suggest (to en_GB etc.) are there but so is the $ sign.

Am I missing something?

I can’t return to _beta as there is a warning about production use. I think I have lost my .zip of 2019.2.1 – 20190613 – but that doesn’t work because of the patch issue.

Regards

RRowley
    Participant

I’m interested in correcting the problem with applying patches to the DB with the master_2019.2.1_beta version. Any chance you can provide me with a dump of your database structure? Also, what version of php and mysql are you running (xampp version OK if using)?

esteeven
    Participant

Hello

mysql version = 5.7
    php = 7.2

RRowley
    Participant

I would appreciate a copy of your database schema. You can download it with phpMyAdmin and exclude data from it and I’ve added the ability to attach files to this forum. I want to see if there is something in the structure that prevents the update script from working.

esteeven
    Participant

I’ll attach it tomorrow. Thanks.

RRowley
    Participant

When you pull your schema, please do include the following tables: si_extensions, si_sql_patchmanager & si_system_defaults. The data in these tables don’t contain any secure/personal information. This is a little more work than just dumping the schema, but not too much.

esteeven
    Participant

Hello
    Sorry for the delay. Other things got in the way yesterday. I’ll get access sometime today and will do this.
    Stephen

esteeven
    Participant

I hope this is enough. Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.