Updating to 2020 – can not connect to database

SimpleInvoices Group Forum Forums Fearless359 SimpleInvoices Discussion Group Updating to 2020 – can not connect to database

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    maleabil
    Participant

Hi!
    I am trying to update from 2019 (working) to 2020 version. I am stuck at connecting to database.
    – php version 7.4
    – database credentials correct
    – followed all the steps from update tutorial
    I have attached the error log.
    Thank you!

Attachments:
    RRowley
    Participant

Check the Version Update Process link on the left. It has specific instructions for update from master_2019.2 to master_2020. Your problem is like that you did not run the si2020Converter.php program to convert your custom.config.php to custom.config.ini. This would account for not being able to connect to the database.

Please keep me informed of your progress and anything that you find unclear or confusing with this upgrade.

maleabil
    Participant

Hi!
    The problem was that database user password can not contain special characters like “{“. Since most of us are using Cpanel on production websites, the Cpanel is forcing us to use special characters when creating passwords.
    I managed to change the special characters to “-” and connect to the database. The password can contain small letters, caps and numbers, so it is strong enough.

RRowley
    Participant

Never tried a curly brace special character. I use a # and it works fine.

RRowley
    Participant

Looked into it further and find this list of special characters to avoid with the associated explanation:

Note that these special characters are must NOT be used in the key and have special meaning in the value: ?{}|&~!()^”

maleabil
    Participant

Thank you!
    Please check your mail admin[at]simpleinvoices.group I have sent you two demo files of the new updated nebraska theme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.