Update from master_2019.2 to master_2020

SimpleInvoices Group Forum Forums Fearless359 SimpleInvoices Discussion Group Update from master_2019.2 to master_2020

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bruce
    Participant

I’m using PHP Version 7.4

I successfully updated from master_2019.2 to master_2020, however I am just going around in circles when I try and continue.

RRowley
    Participant

If you were on master_2019.2 and had data in your database, loading master_2020 should not show these messages. Rather it would show you messages concerning the application of patches to the database.

Use phpMyAdmin (or other tool you use to access databases directly) and verify the you have data in your database. It sounds as though you don’t.

Note that the instructions given un Version Update Process say to backup up the database but not to erase it. Then the si2020Converter.php program simply converts your old custom.config.php file into the new custom.config.ini file used by the update. Verify that all the information for your database base that is now in the custom.config.ini file is correct (the same as it is in the custom.config.php except the field name on the left will have been updated.

If your database content was somehow lost, you can DROP all the tables and import the SQL file backup of your database you made in step 2 of the update instructions.

Now you can access the database and you should see a screen that says there are patches that need to be applied. And you go forward from there.

hugh
    Participant

Hi,

First…thanks for the wonderful effort to keep SimpleInvoices alive.

I am using SimpleInvoices on a LinuxMint 21 OS.

I have a similar issue to Bruce when attempting to upgrade from 2019.2 to 2020.
    On page load I get a request to install essential data which I accept. I then get the options to [Start…] or [Install Sample…]. If I select [Start…] it returns to the page which offers to install essential data.

The custom.config.ini file was successfully updated/created from the custom.config.php file.

I have a working version of 2019.2 on the same Mint21 computer so the database is populated with data and is working OK.

I do not see any PHP errors when I use “E_ALL”. I do see some warnings.

I do not see any messages prompting to patch the data so I presume the database is not being seen, or accessed. I noted the installation steps state “….the databasePassword value needs to be withing quotes…” so I have tried using single (‘) and double (“) quotes around the password in custom.config.ini.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can debug the problem?

thanks,

Hugh

RRowley
    Participant

You need to restore your database to what it was before you loaded the master_2020 update. Hopefully you exported the 2019.2 database and have the sql file to do the restore. You can drop all the tables in the database, then import the sql file of your 2019.2 database.

Next in the file, include/init.php, find the line (about line #61):

$databasePopulated = $patchCount > SqlPatchManager::BEGINNING_PATCH_NUMBER;

and change it to:

$databasePopulated = $patchCount >= SqlPatchManager::BEGINNING_PATCH_NUMBER;

Now access your database again and it should let you apply the patches for 2020 and go forward from there.

hugh
    Participant

Thanks RRowley. I’ll get onto that. Thanks for your answer.

cheers,

Hugh

hugh
    Participant

When I after changing the “>” to “>=” above I loaded the page and this time got a series of patches to apply. I proceeded but got this error

“SqlPatchManager::runSqlPatch() error. See error log for more information.”

The last section of the log which mentions errors with Foreign keys is attached.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Hugh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.