Deleting Line Item Fails

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by deniz.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    deniz
    Participant

When attempting to delete a line item from an invoice I encounter the following error upon saving:

“modules/invoices/save.php – edit exception error: PdoDb – query(): Execute error. See error_log.”

Here some additional details from the php.log file:

[10-Mar-2023 11:18:48 America/Los_Angeles] PdoDb – debugger(): DELETE FROM si_invoice_items WHERE id = 131
    [10-Mar-2023 11:18:48 America/Los_Angeles] PdoDb – query(): Execute error.Array
    (
    [0] => 23000
    [1] => 1451
    [2] => Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (db_name.si_invoice_item_tax, CONSTRAINT si_invoice_item_tax_ibfk_2 FOREIGN KEY (invoice_item_id) REFERENCES si_invoice_items (id) ON UPDATE CASCADE)
    )

I can add additional line items to an invoice as well as edit existing items without any issues.

Details regarding SI installation:
    versionName = 2020.4.6
    versionUpdateDate = 20221220
    PHP Version 7.4

Any suggestions or guidance in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RRowley
    Participant

Download latest version and see if that addresses your issue. I found and fixed the error where deletion of an existing line item that has associated tax records was failing.

deniz
    Participant

Thank you so much for your prompt response in resolving this issue. As suggested I updated my SI installation to the latest version and I am now able to delete line items successfully.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.