Change Emailed PDF Title and Email Subject

SimpleInvoices Group Forum Forums Fearless359 SimpleInvoices Discussion Group Change Emailed PDF Title and Email Subject

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FRCG
    Participant

I recall being able to do this in SI 2009, but can’t figure out how in SI 2019.

My old PDF’s were titled as “Customer Name”_”Date” and the subject of the email was as follows:

“Customer Name” | “Date” invoice from “Biller” is attached

How do I make these changes in SI 2019?

RRowley
    Participant

I think you need to make an extension where you modify the signature field from the biller to add tokens for the variable data you want to insert and then insert it yourself.

Signature Example: %custname% | %date% invoice from %billername% is attached.

You then parse this and replace the tokens with the needed values. You could do this in the modules/invoices/email.php file for the $biller['signature'] field.

Or you can do what I do. Use the signature field to say “Attached is your invoice for the current month.” The subject line already contains the invoice number and the biller name. And all the pertinent information is in the attached PDF.

FRCG
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll look into it!

FRCG
    Participant

Any chance you want to dumb this down for a non-php code writer? I wish I remember how I did this years ago…..

RRowley
    Participant

Unfortunately making an extension requires PHP and Smarty knowledge. Details on setting an extension up can be found in the Extensions topic in the menu list on the left.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.