Best way to adjust pricing for a recurrence

SimpleInvoices Group Forum Forums Fearless359 SimpleInvoices Discussion Group Best way to adjust pricing for a recurrence

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Martin-S
    Participant

My First post, Hello to all!
    How do you manage to increase amount on recurrent invoice?
    My method, (before the recurrence occur), is to :
    – create a new invoice with adjusted price
    – delete old recurrence
    – create a new recurrence with the new invoice
    – set the date of recurrence for the following year
    – and send manually the newly created invoice

I could simply modify the original invoice linked to the recurrence but then i would loose integrity and history of the invoice for this customer.

Thank you for your advice,

RRowley
    Participant

Recurrence by definition is the creation of a duplicate of a specified invoice. Since my recurring invoices are not always complete duplicates (may have additional charges, etc.). My approach is to set recurrence for the invoice that most closely resembles what I want. I turn OFF the option to email it to the customer but turn on the option to email it to the biller (aka, me). When the new invoice is generated, I can view it in my email to see if it is what I want. If not, I modify the new invoice and then send it to the client. If it is what I want, I typically forward it from my email scrubbing all indications it is being forwarded.

If you update the new invoice to be what you want and wish to have that be your future recurrence, you can edit the existing recurrence record and have it reference the new invoice. You do not need to update start date unless you want the day of recurrence to be other than an anniversary of that date. Logic exists to prevent a recurrence from being processed multiple times. So if your start date is 2022-04-16 and your recur period is 1 year, the next recurrence will be on 2023-04-16.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.