Add Default Email Message SI 2019

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FRCG
    Participant

I have SI running on my QNAP NAS which uses MariaDB and PHP v7.3.7.

When I send an email with a blank message I receive an error “One or more required fields is missing.”

In order to send an email, there must be something in the “Message” box.

Q: How do I input a default message for every email?

RRowley
    Participant

Enter your default message in the Signature field in the biller record.

FRCG
    Participant

Wow……thank you!

Any tips on how to speed up load times? Running it on a quad-core 16GB NAS, and it’s slow. I did however import MySQL tables from an old 2009 version……

RRowley
    Participant

What is slow and how slow is it? Typically, this is the invoices manage table screen. So how many records in the database table?

SI is using the DataTables. It uses ajax to supply the data. In my testing, it is not the server that is the issue. It is the client rendering the data. Also, the feature is set to present the table when the first page is formatted. That is, it doesn’t have to wait for all the data to be transferred and rendered before displaying the first page.

Let me know what you have and we’ll go from there.

FRCG
    Participant

Logging in after supplying username and password takes about 30secs

Clicking on “Customers” takes about 30sec (600 records)

Clicking on “Invoices” takes about 30secs (1 record for testing)

RRowley
    Participant

First, you say that you imported MySQL tables from a 2009 version. Did you “import” them or “upgrade” your tables?

You should go through the upgrade processes. What version of SI where you running on?

There are two libraries for SI. On github you have simpleinvoices/simpleinvoices and fearless359/simpleinvoices. The first is the historic version that runs on php 5.6 and lower. For longtime users of SI, they are running the 2013.1.beta.8 (aka master) version on the simpleinvoices/simpleinvoices path.

This is great. If you are on this version, then you can install the fearless359/simpleinvoices master.2019.2 version and the database will be automatically updated for you when you run SI. One big change in this version is that it implements foreign key support at the database level. You might have some “orphan” records in your database which will be reported as part of the upgrade process and need to be fixed before you continue. Once you have these corrected (typically deleting the orphan records, or if you use multiple domains, creating the master records for the domains other than 1) the upgrade will fully complete.

After you have successfully upgraded to master_2019.2, you can then upgrade to master_2020.

If you didn’t follow this process, you probably need to backup and follow this upgrade path. There are some changes that occur in the upgrades that are meant to enhance performance.

My set up has 550 invoices and 60 customers. The time to load the invoices table is about 3 seconds and the customers is 1.5 seconds. This is true for my windows development environment and the linux based hosting service for my production environment.

I’m looking forward to your update on this.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by RRowley.
    FRCG
    Participant

I didn’t upgrade perse, but instead downloaded the 2019 master because I’m running PHP v7.3.7, and installed fresh.

I then imported my old customer DB from 2009 to the 2019 instance. It would only import if I unchecked “Enable foreign key checks”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.