Reply To: Debugging email

ppmt
Participant

Me again.

I send an email to one of the host that doesn’t work (migadu) asking them if there was anything they could do to help me and here is what they told me:

When sending via our SMTP you have to authenticate. Please configure your email client to use plain text authentication over StartTLS.

Here is the config I am supposed to enter:

host: smtp.migadu.com
user: my email
password: my password
port: 587
security: STARTTLS

I tried the config in SI with TLS and STARTTLS but the result is the same

Here is again the error I get with it.

response code 250 but got code "550", with message "550 Authentication required " in /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:457 
Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(341): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->assertResponseCode('550 Authenticat...', Array) #1 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(305): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->executeCommand('MAIL FROM:<phil...', Array, Array, false, NULL) #2 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(390): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->executeCommand('DATA\r\n', Array, Array) #3 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(497): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->doDataCommand(Array) #4 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftm in /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php on line 457