Reply To: Debugging email

ppmt
Participant

I am using the premium byethost and what is strange is that if I use the old version of SI (pre swtiftmailer) it works fine so their config is working.

I have tried another email provider and with them I get a different error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Swift_TransportException: Expected response code 250 but got code "550", with message "550 Authentication required " in /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:457 
Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(341): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->assertResponseCode('550 Authenticat...', Array) #1 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(305): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->executeCommand('MAIL FROM:<phil...', Array, Array, false, NULL) #2 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(390): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->executeCommand('DATA\r\n', Array, Array) #3 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(497): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->doDataCommand(Array) #4 /var/www/html/vendor/swiftm in /var/www/html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php on line 457

so no timeout. The config says to use STARTTLS which I assume is TLS?