SimpleInvoices Group Forum › Forums › Fearless359 SimpleInvoices Discussion Group › upgrade 2019.2 to 2023 fatal error – referencing column incompatible › Reply To: upgrade 2019.2 to 2023 fatal error – referencing column incompatible
Your database structure contains obsolete settings that need to be cleaned up. The best way I can think of to do this is to:
1) Restore your 2019.2 database. Hopefully you have a backup of this.
2) Export data only, no structure.
3) Delete all the tables in the 2019.2 database. Turn off foreign key checks to simplify this.
4) From you 2019.2 SI software backup, import the “databases/mysql/structure.sql” file. This creates all the tables without any data.
5) Import the SQL file with data only, made in step 2.
Hopefully this all works without an issue. If it does, export this database both structure and data, so you have a copy incase of issues still there. If there is an issue and you can’t resolve it, let me know what it is and we’ll move forward from there.
If all works well to this point and assuming the database name is the same as that defined in your 2023 custom.config.ini file, access your 2023 SI and see if the update errors are resolved.