Problems upgrading to 2020

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ExpertGeeks
    Participant

Hi RRowley, thanks for your continuing hard work on SimpleInvoices.

I followed the upgrade instructions, to the latest version of 2019 on github ‘Version: 2019.2.30 — 20200805’. I used the backup function in SimpleInvoices and then used PHPMyAdmin to import the backed up version to a new database. This gave the following error;

EDIT: See attachment; error 1.

If I uncheck; Other options: Enable foreign key checks

The database imports OK after that and appears to work OK (I can manage customers in this version). I similarly had to uncheck ‘Enable foreign key checks’ to import that version to a fresh database to proceed with the upgrade to ‘Version: 2020.0.06 — 20201109’ otherwise I get this (same) error;

EDIT: See attachment; error 2.

Firstly is this storing up problems ? What am I risking by disabling foreign key checks ?

I tried duplicating the 2020 database in PHPMyAdmin and got the following error;

EDIT: See attachment; error 3.

My original post was falling foul of the bot test.. I’m hoping this makes it on to the board OK!

ExpertGeeks
    Participant

Can’t add attachment. Trying as a zip.

Attachments:
    ExpertGeeks
    Participant

Is there a way I can fix my database such that referrential integrity is restored?

RRowley
    Participant

Not sure what you mean? The implementation of foreign key support some time back should fulfill this request. What am I missing?

ExpertGeeks
    Participant

Whenever I try to copy a database within PHPMyAdmin or import a database exported from SimpleInvoices, I need to uncheck;

Other options: Enable foreign key checks

Or the copy/import fails with the errors listed in import_errors.zip. I don’t know, is there something I’m missing ?

ExpertGeeks
    Participant

The error is;

#1215 - Cannot add foreign key constraint

RRowley
    Participant

You should always disable check foreign key constraints when importing or deleting database content. This only removed the test for the import or delete process. Once data is imported, the constraints are enforced.

ExpertGeeks
    Participant

Ok, that’s great. Duplicating a database also throws this error.. but if that’s usual operation I’m reassured the database is in good shape. Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.