Large Dataset Performance version 2020.0.16

SimpleInvoices Group Forum Forums Fearless359 SimpleInvoices Discussion Group Large Dataset Performance version 2020.0.16

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LiquidSpark
    Participant

Hello, I have just updated to the newest version on a production server that was running an older version of your simple invoices, I updated to 2019 then to newest as the update process suggests, I did notice the performance loss going into the invoices tab as well as the customers tab. It seems as if it is loading the whole database so scrubbing through all of the invoices is much faster but first load as to make a new invoice takes around 10-20 seconds. Is there any way to increase performance or any way to only load what appears on the page, I have around 1800 invoices and around 700 customers Thank you for your time and thank you for this product I’ve been using it for years, Steve

RRowley
    Participant

What version of php are you on. 7.4 has better performance than older versions.

LiquidSpark
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, I am running php 7.4.16

RRowley
    Participant

The processing time is likely the time to transfer the data from the server. Data for all invoices is transferred in a minimized json file in the public/data.json file. The client (your browser) is set to display data after rendering the 15 rows on the first screen (this is the deferRender option in the Datatables module). Bottom line, the current logic is as efficient as per my understanding, as it can be.

If you have additional thoughts, please let me know.

LiquidSpark
    Participant

Thank you for your time I spent a bit of time and looked at the code and I think you are correct, it does seem to be very well optimized, I had to do some mysql optimization and it has gotten it down to around 5-10 second loads which is just fine, I do have other question but I will be creating a new thread for that. Thank you once again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.