How to keep/save bill type as Invoice and qoute seperately

SimpleInvoices Group Forum Forums Fearless359 SimpleInvoices Discussion Group How to keep/save bill type as Invoice and qoute seperately

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ramanc51
    Participant

Hello sir on old version simple invoice-2011, this option available, we can save bill either quote or invoice as we like, but this option not available on new version, how to enable/set this option on this new version?.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by ramanc51.
    fearless359
    Keymaster

It works if your set up is correct. You need to have an Inv Prefs record set up and enabled with a description set to the invoice type (aka Quote) that you want to set up. I’ve attached images to show set up and help info.

The inv_number_starting_point shows the setup instructions in the How To… section on the left.
    The inv_pregs (should be inv_prefs) the invoice preference set up I have on my test system.
    The inv_pref_quote_edit shows the edit screen for the Quote type preference I have set up on my test system.
    The inv_pref_numbering_group shows the help information on the Invoice numbering group field of the Inv Prefs record.
    The inv_edit shows the edit screen for an invoice of type Quote on my test system. Note the drop down and how it shows the enabled Inv Prefs to select from.

By far the most complex part of the set up is if you want quotes (or other invoice types) numbered in a different sequence than the standard Invoice types. The set up for this is manual and uses the si_index table in the database.

ramanc51
    Participant

Thanks sir, separate quote and invoice numbers available, on old version there will be column to show whether the bill either is invoice or quote, this option missed on new version, how to enable this option?, find attachment of new version.

RRowley
    Participant

See instructions in image file.

ramanc51
    Participant

Ok sir, i set accordingly, but not able view quote/invoice separately, it maintain numbering separately only.

pls share how to list/view all invoices only or all quotes only using filters or using any other setting.

RRowley
    Participant

Are you running master_2020 version? If so, my last update was to add code to set up the index file and numbering from the INV PREF maintenance screens. I will be updating the documentation in the knowledge base to reflect these changes soon.

If you are on master_2020, download the lasted version and see if it helps.

ramanc51
    Participant

Sir while setting up simpleinvoices-master_2020 got following error, how to resolve it?, search result not found on this forum to similar issue.

===========================================
    SimpleInvoices Config::update_config() error
    ===========================================

Unable to open config/custom.config.ini

screen shot attached

ramanc51
    Participant

sir i checked web for latest version custom.config.php convertion, i got following error, what cause this error?.

Unable to output line[; Simple Invoices configuration file]Conversion Failed

RRowley
    Participant

Please make a copy of your custom.config.php file with any personal info (passwords, etc) changed to innocuous values. Then zip this file and attach it to this thread. I’m not sure why you got the error you did but want to test it myself.

ramanc51
    Participant

Sir file attached, this i used on simpleinvocie-2019.2, now this also not working showing following error

SimpleInvoices Config::update_config() error

Unable to open config/custom.config.php

Attachments:
    RRowley
    Participant

The file you included was named incorrectly. It should be custom.config.php rather than config.custom.php.

Once I corrected this, it converted correctly. I’ve attached the converted ini file in case you just want to use it.

ramanc51
    Participant

Sir it was directory writing permission error, now it is resolved by your suggestion on another thread of this same forum, thank you so much to your support.

my suggestion is if possible keep invoice or quote numbers with its label like quote-1 or invoice-5, it will very easy to find out whether a bill is invoice or quote ect.. instead of keeping number sequence only.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.