Mail not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    altaphista
    Participant

Hi, I get the following error while trying to mail a pdf:

Fatal error: Uncaught Swift_TransportException: Expected response code 220 but got an empty response in /home/.../invoice/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:445 Stack trace: #0 /home/.../invoice/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(358): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->assertResponseCode('', Array) #1 /home/.../invoice/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(147): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->readGreeting() #2 /home/.../invoice/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(65): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start() #3 /home/.../invoice/Inc/Claz/Email.php(113): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message)) #4 /home/glwebdesig/domains/gl in /home/.../invoice/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php on line 445

RRowley
    Participant

Check the email value settings in the config/custom.config.php file. Also might check the tmp/log/php.log file to see if there is more detail on the error.

One thing I had to do was enclose the password in single quotes (double will probably work). I think this was because I have special characters in my password.

altaphista
    Participant

The quotes did not work unfortunately (i do not have special chars in my pw, also I use app generated passwords).

This is the info from the php.log file:

Stack trace:
    #0 /home/.../vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(358): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->assertResponseCode('', Array)
    #1 /home/.../vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(147): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->readGreeting()
    #2 /home/.../vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(65): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start()
    #3 /home/.../Inc/Claz/Email.php(113): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message))
    #4 /home/.../vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php on line 445
    RRowley
    Participant

#3 above shows the error comes from a call of line 113 in the Inc/Claz/Email.php file. This does not match the current version of this source currently checked into github. Please download and install the current version of Fearless359 SI and test again. There was a specific change to the email security logic that was in version 2019.2.7.

If you have a gmail account, you might try routing through it. Here are the settings I use for testing sans username and password.

email.host = smtp.gmail.com
    email.smtp_auth = true
    email.smtpport = 465
    email.secure = SSL

If the problem persists, excluding the username and password, send me the settings you have in custom.config.php for the email configuration.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Mail not working’ is closed to new replies.